The block function allows office managers to temporarily prevent workspaces from being booked. A blocked workspace is still visible to the end users. It is also possible to block workspaces using the Control Center.
To the end user, a blocked workspace will show as unavailable, along with the block reason (if provided).
Warning: Blocking a workspace without an end date will irreversibly delete all existing user reservations!
Blocking a workspace
- Select the "Block" function in the setup app
- Scan (or manually enter the Device ID of) the iotspot that you wish to block
- Enable the "Blocked" setting
- Optionally, select the date range of the block (by disabling "no end date"), as well as whether the block should come in effect only on certain days within the set date range. (e.g., only on Mondays of the next month)
- Optionally, enter the block reason. This reason will be visible to end users on the Workspace Booking screen.
- Tap "Save" to complete the blocking process
The following video shows how to block workspaces using the Setup App:
Changing an existing block
It is not possible to adjust the configuration of an existing block. If you need to change an existing block, unblock the workspace and create a new block with a new configuration.
Unblocking a workspace
You can disable an existing block using the iotspot Setup app or in the Control Center. Once a block is removed, the workspace will immediately become available for booking.
- Select the "Block" function in the Setup app
- Scan (or manually enter the Device ID of) the iotspot that you wish to unblock
- Disable the "Blocked" setting