- Organization -> Managers
In order to effectively configure and support iotspot in your office, you can assign other managers to share the workload in the Control Center and / or the iotspot Setup App.
There are two types of managers within an organization:
- Organization manager - an administrator with the ability to change all details, layouts, and configurations of your organization and all of its locations..
- Location manager - an administrator for any single location within your organization. You can create location managers with different permissions to better control the responsibilities of your iotspot support team.
Only an Organization Manager can create new manager accounts or change existing ones.
Creating a new manager account
When a manager account is created, the user will receive an email with their login credentials. The temporary password expires in 24 hours, so be sure to notify the owner of the newly created manager account that they need to log in and change their password!
- To create a new manager account for your office, navigate to the “Managers” tab in the Organization Overview and click on the “Add” button.
- Enter the manager’s full name into the Name field
- Enter the manager’s email address (preferably one that uses one of your Organization Domains)
- Select whether the new manager should be Organization or Location manager
- If you’re creating a Location manager, set the access permissions
- Click the “Add manager” button to create a new manager account.
Location manager access permissions
When creating a new location manager account, you will need to also set the permissions for that account. These can be set individually for every location of your organization and adjusted at any time.
- Control Center - grants access to the Control Center. A location manager with this permission will be able to configure only the locations where they have the Control Center permission.
- Setup App - grants access to the iotspot Setup App. A location manager with this permission will be able to use the iotspot Setup App to configure iotspot Hub devices in the locations where they have the Setup App permission.
- Dashboard - grants access to the Dashboards in the Control Center.
Editing manager accounts
Only manager account permissions can be adjusted. The name and email address of the manager cannot be changed. If you need to change these details, delete the manager account and create a new one.
Adjusting manager account permissions
- To change manager type or access permissions, navigate to the Managers tab in the Organization overview and click on the name of the manager whose account you want to configure.
- Adjust any settings of your choice and click “Save changes” to apply them.
Deleting an existing manager account
Only Organization Managers can delete manager accounts.
- To delete a manager account, navigate to the Managers tab in the Organization overview and click on the name of the manager whose account you want to delete.
- Click the “Delete User Account” button.
Re-sending the invitation e-mail
If, for whatever reason, a manager didn’t receive or lose their invitation email or if their temporary password expired, an Organization Manager can reset the password by sending a new invitation email using the Control Center.
Note: This is only possible if the manager has not logged in yet.
- Navigate to the Managers tab in the Organization overview and click on the name of the manager who needs a new invitation email.
- Click on the “Re-invite” button to send a new invitation email
Resetting manager MFA
If, for whatever reason, there is a need to reset the MFA of a manager’s account, an Organization Manager can force an MFA reset using the Control Center. The next time a manager logs in, they will be prompted to set up a new MFA.
- Navigate to the Managers tab in the Organization overview and click on the name of the manager who needs an MFA reset.
- Click on the “Reset MFA on next login” button