The installation of an iotspot desk identifier consists of four simple steps. The following article will showcase the steps including potential pitfalls.
- Every desk has been cleaned and is free of dust.
- Every desk has a 5V power socket available.
- Every desk has one iotspot desk identifier
- Every desk has one 5V adapter
- Every desk has one cable management clip
Steps for installation:
- Use the adhesive tape to stick the iotspot to the top right corner of the desk.
- Place the iotspot 1x its own width from the side of the table (use another iotspot for measurement)
- Press firmly on the iotspot for multiple seconds to secure it in place.
The following video shows how to mount an iotspot.
- Power up the iotspots at each individual desk by plugging them into the designated power sockets.
- Wait for the iotspot light indicator to turn green.
BEWARE: Depending on signal strength in the area and location in the building it can take up to 10 minutes for the booting proces to be completed (and the light to turn green).
Troubleshooting if light does not turn green:
- Unplug the iotspot for 30 seconds and try again. (try this 2/3 times)
- Change the 5V adapter with a spare one.
In case all of the troubleshooting tips above failed, replace the iotspot.
- Use the cable management clips to attach the cable to the bottom of the desk.
- The iotspot does not power on at all.
- Check if the power socket is giving power.
- Replace the 5V adapter with another one from the shipment.
- Replace the iotspot with another one from the shipment.
- There is no adhesive tape on the bottom of the iotspot.
- We always add multiple sheets of adhesive stickers to every shipment.