- Organization -> Locations -> Location -> Floors
In the iotspot structure, Floors represent actual floors in your office building. Every floor can be further divided into smaller zones that contain groups of workspaces.
Floors are also visible in the Maps View and should always reflect the true layout of the building.
To configure a Floor, you will need to be either an Organization Manager or a Location Manager with Control Center access permission.
Adding a new floor
- To add a new floor to your office Location, navigate to the Floors tab in the Location Overview and click the “Add floor” button.
- In the Floor Level field, enter the actual level of the floor that you are configuring.
- In the Display Sequence field, enter the number for the display order of this floor. You can simply match it to the Floor Level.
- Floor Name - Enter the name of the floor. This name will be visible in the end user app when selecting the floor.
- Click “Save” button to complete the floor creation process.
Configuring a floor
Once a floor is added, you will need to add Zones to have a clear and easy-to-use office structure. It is also possible to change the floor settings that were configured during the floor creation.
To edit a floor or add new Zones, click on the name of the floor that you wish to configure in the Floors tab of the Location Overview.
Deleting a floor
In order to delete a floor, you will first need to remove all of its zones. Once there are no zones remaining, click on the name of the floor that you wish to delete in the Floors tab of the Location Overview and then click the “Delete” button.