Out of the box, the iotspot Desk, Room, and climate sensors are preconfigured. The only thing that has to be done is to pair them to the correct iotspot. To do so, we use the iotspot Setup app.
Pairing a sensor using the Setup app
- Make sure the iotspot that the sensor will be paired with is powered on and functioning
- Select the "Pair Sensor" function in the Setup app
- Scan (or manually enter the Device ID of) the iotspot that needs to be paired with a sensor
- Tap the "Prepare Sensor Pairing" button
- Put the sensor next to the phone and press the sync (S) button.
We recommend using a paperclip or similar to press the button (no sharp objects)
- Success: The sensor will blink blue, then purple, then green. After the sensor blinks green the iotspot will blink to indicate successful pairing.
Failure: The sensors blinks blue, purple, red. The pairing failed.
Fix: Please try again by re-doing all the steps above.
Failure: The sensor does not blink at all.
Fix: Reset the sensor connection by holding the sync button for 5 seconds, or until the light turns full blue. (Sensor will turn full blue and then blink white once if successful). Then redo the steps above.
The following video shows a successful pairing walkthrough:
- Tapping the button too quickly could result in the sensor not registering a click.
- Press the restart (R) button to restart the iotspot if needed.
- If, after multiple tries, a sensor does not work as stated above, pick another sensor from the box. If multiple sensors have this problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance