- Organization -> Locations -> Location -> Zones
In the iotspot office structure, a Zone represents a group of workspace clusters on a floor. It is up to you to determine what criteria you want to use for drawing up the zones, but it is important to define them.
In the end-user app, individual Workspaces are displayed in their corresponding zones and allow for easier navigation and workspace selection.
To configure Zones, you will need to be either an Organization Manager or a Location Manager with Control Center access permission.
Adding a zone
- To add a new zone, first navigate to the Floors tab in the Location Overview and click on the floor that you wish to add the zone to.
- Click the "Add zone" button
- Fill out the form on the right side and click the “Add” button
Display sequence Determines the order in which the zone will be displayed along other zones. The lower the number, the higher on the list the zone will appear. Color The zone color is visible in the user app when choosing a zone. A single color can be applied to more than one zone, allowing for easier visual grouping in the user app. Name The name of the zone will be visible during zone selection in the iotspot user app.
Editing a zone
- To edit a zone, click on the zone name in the Floor Overview.
- Configure the zone in the "Edit Zone" section on the right side of the screen and click "Save".
Deleting a zone
In order to delete a zone, all Workspaces must first be moved out to a different zone. To see how many Workspaces are currently assigned to a zone, refer to the “Desks” and “Rooms” values in the Floor Overview.
When there are no Workspaces in a zone, that zone can be deleted by first clicking on the Zone name in the Floor Overview and then clicking on the "Delete" button.