To translate your physical layout into a digital system, iotspot uses different types of structural elements. These structural elements help iotspot understand how a building is organized.
- Organization - the largest structural element that represents your entire company. An organization can have many office locations.
- Location - represents your office building, complete with different floors.
- Floor - represents a layout of a floor of your building. A building can have multiple floors. Any floor can have any number of workspaces in it.
- Zone - represents a group of workspaces. It is up to you to determine what criteria you want to use for drawing up the zones. In the end user app, individual Workspaces are displayed in their corresponding zones.
- Cluster - represents a group of desks that are close together. While the end user doesn’t see what clusters the desks belong to, the cluster functionality is used to determine whether there are desks available next to each other.
- Special: Team Zone - represents your department (custom team) placements. Can span any number of zones across any number of floors and locations.