Out of the box, the iotspot Desk, Room, and climate sensors are preconfigured. The only thing that has te be done is to pair them to the correct iotspot. To do so, we use the setup app. This article will explain how to use the setup app to pair a sensor to an iotspot.
The use of this function is simple.
- Make sure the iotspot that the sensor will be paired with is powered on and functioning.
- Select the "sensor pairing" function in the setup app
- Scan the iotspot that needs to be paired with a sensor. A correct scan will show the icon of the iotspot.
- Put the sensor next to the phone and press the sync (S) button.
We recommend using a paperclip or similar to press the button (no sharp objects)
- Correct: The sensor will blink blue, then purple, then green. After being green the iotspot should change color based on movement detection by the sensor.
Wrong: The sensors blinks blue, purple, red. The pairing failed.
Fix: Please try again by re-doing all the steps above.
Wrong: The sensor does not blink at all.
Fix: Reset the sensor connection by holding the sync button for 5 seconds, or until the light turns full blue. (Sensor will turn full blue and then blink white once if successful). Then redo the steps above.
The following video shows a successful pairing walkthrough:
- Tapping the button too quickly could result in the sensor not registering a click.
- Press the restart (R) button to restart the iotspot if needed.
- If after multiple tries a sensor does not work as stated above. Pick another sensor from the box. If multiple sensors have this problem, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org