Out of the box, the iotspot Desk, Room, and Climate sensors are preconfigured. The only thing that has to be done is to pair them to the correct iotspot. To do so, we use the iotspot Setup app.
Please note, at the moment it is only possible to pair a sensor using the Android version of the iotspot Setup App. The iOS Setup App is currently under development.
Pairing a sensor using the Setup app
- Make sure the iotspot that the sensor will be paired with is powered on and functioning
- Select the 'Pair Sensor' function in the Setup app
- Select the type of sensor you wish to pair
- Scan (or manually enter the Device ID of) the iotspot that needs to be paired with a sensor
- Tap the 'Add sensor' button
- Put the sensor next to the phone and follow the instructions given on the app
Success: The sensor will blink blue, then purple, then green. After the sensor blinks green the iotspot will blink to indicate successful pairing.
Failure: The sensors blinks blue, purple, red.
The pairing steps are not complete or pairing has failed.
Fix: Please try the steps in the app again.
Failure: The sensor does not blink at all.
Fix: Reset the sensor connection by holding the sync button for 5 seconds, or until the light turns full blue. (Sensor will turn full blue and then blink white once if successful). Then redo the steps above.
- Tapping the button too quickly could result in the sensor not registering a click.
- Press the restart (R) button to restart the sensor if needed.
- If you cannot get a sensor to pair, please contact email@example.com
It would be helpful to know your company, location, the iotspot icon and the sensor code found on the back of the sensor.